AN URGENT CALL TO ACTION
24 March 2011
ReAct´s Otto Cars was one the leading experts on antibiotic resistance that were invited to lecture at the Antimicrobial Resistance Summit 2011 held in Sydney on February 7-8. The conference report "Antibiotic resistance is an emerging threat to public health: an urgent call to action at the Antimicrobial Resistance Summit 2011" is now available for download.
Professor Cars presentation "Defining the Problem - an International Perspective" set off the summit,arranged by the Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases and the Australian Society for Antimicrobials, with the aim to achieve a dialogue for national control strategies and to formulate an agenda for minimising antimicrobial resistance in the future.
Download conference report Antibiotic resistance is an emerging threat to public health: an urgent call to action at the Antimicrobial Resistance Summit 2011 (pdf 173 KB)
Watch the video, The Superbug Threat, with interviews and comments from the summit. Australian ABC 7.30 Report
Download presentations from the conference Antimicrobial Summit 2011
- 05 Jun 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 04 Jun 2013WAKE UP CALL ON ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AT LATEST WHA
- 29 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 16 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 15 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS