ICIUM 2011 REVISITED
18 January 2012
Presentations from plenaries and sessions at the Third International Conference for Improving Use of Medicines (ICIUM) held in Antalya, Turkey on October 14-18 2011 are now available. More than 500 research projects conducted since ICIUM 2004 were presented and the conference with the focus to deliver Informed Strategies, Effective Policies and Lasting Solutions. Several delegates from ReAct participated in the event that gathered over 600 experts from over 70 countries.
Göran Tomson, ReAct Senior External Advisor and member of the ICIUM international committee, responsible for developing the scientific program for ICIUM 2011, moderated a plenary about Health Care Providers. ReAct Scientific Advisor, Cecilia Stålsby Lundborg, responsible for the AMR track at the meeting and Senior External Advisor, Eva Ombaka moderated a session on AMR: Improving Antibiotic Prescribing
Download Cecilia Stålsby Lundborg´s summary from the AMR track (pdf 409 KB)
In the plenary on Strategies and Methods, ReAct´s Executive Director, Otto Cars, held the presentation; Key Strategies for Improving Use of Existing and New Antibiotics – the European Experience. Anthony So, ReAct Strategic Policy & Advocacy, held a presentation in plenary on Consumers, Patients and Community Systems; Can Markets Work to Scale up Rational Drug Use?
Conference agenda with links to all presentations at the ICIUM web site
In conjunction with the ICIUM conference ReAct arranged the roundtable meeting “How to Preserve Future Novel Antibiotics – A Global Health Systems Perspective” with the aim to:
- achieve a global debate about how future antibiotics could be distributed and used in a way that will minimize the risk for development of resistance and thereby prolonging their lifespan,
- stimulate ideas about how to make sure antibiotics are made globally accessible and affordable,
- stimulate a provocative debate on how to restrict the inappropriate use of antibiotics – in short, all the aspects of use that has lead to the rapid rise of resistance.
|Mohan Joshi, MSH and
Kris Weerasuriya, WHO
|ReAct Senior External Advisor, Eva Ombaka||Brendan Barnes, EFPIA
|Participants in group sessions at the ReAct Round Table Meeting.
- 05 Jun 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 04 Jun 2013WAKE UP CALL ON ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AT LATEST WHA
- 29 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 16 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 15 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS