RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
29 March 2012
Resistance in the News is an arbitrary selection of articles with relevance to antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use that have come to our attention lately.The articles have been published in various internet media and on-line scientific journals. The list is by no means complete and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the ReAct network.
Poor hospital cleaning revealed as major problem. The health of hospitalized Canadians and their visitors is being seriously put at risk by hospitals that have cut corners in cleaning budgets to save money, a Marketplace investigation has revealed. CBC News
Federal Infection Disclosure Mandates Urged. Surgical site infection rates within the nation's hospitals are largely a secret, with public reporting required by only eight states, says a new Johns Hopkins University report, which calls for federal disclosure mandates so problem hospitals are better motivated to reduce preventable harm. HealthLeaders Media
- 15 Jul 2016International experts call on the UN General Assembly to establish a High-Level Coordinating Mechanism on antimicrobial resistance
- 04 Jul 2016Take action on antibiotic resistance - for a better future for our children
- 13 Jun 2016Six days of awareness on antibiotic resistance
- 30 May 2016Call to Action on AMR– A message to take home and act out
- 26 May 2016ReAct is looking for new Asia Pacific coordinator!
- 09 May 2016ReAct Latin America signs cooperation agreement with the University of Azuay