RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
29 March 2012
Resistance in the News is an arbitrary selection of articles with relevance to antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use that have come to our attention lately.The articles have been published in various internet media and on-line scientific journals. The list is by no means complete and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the ReAct network.
Poor hospital cleaning revealed as major problem. The health of hospitalized Canadians and their visitors is being seriously put at risk by hospitals that have cut corners in cleaning budgets to save money, a Marketplace investigation has revealed. CBC News
Federal Infection Disclosure Mandates Urged. Surgical site infection rates within the nation's hospitals are largely a secret, with public reporting required by only eight states, says a new Johns Hopkins University report, which calls for federal disclosure mandates so problem hospitals are better motivated to reduce preventable harm. HealthLeaders Media
- 10 Aug 2015Why antibiotic resistance is an ethical dilemma - recently published article explains.
- 03 Aug 2015Newly published article series: What Will It Take to Address the Global Threat of Antibiotic Resistance?
- 27 Jul 2015United Nations Hosts First-Ever Briefing on Antimicrobial Resistance
- 10 Jun 2015CHILD-TO-CHILD ECUADOR PRESENTS PROJECT ON HUMAN AND MICROBIAL INTERACTION
- 09 Jun 2015ROYAL RECOGNITION AND NEW ANTIBIOTICS CENTER CONFIRMED
- 03 Jun 2015OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CONVENES FORUM ON ANTIBIOTIC STEWARDSHIP