RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
29 March 2012
Resistance in the News is an arbitrary selection of articles with relevance to antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use that have come to our attention lately.The articles have been published in various internet media and on-line scientific journals. The list is by no means complete and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the ReAct network.
Poor hospital cleaning revealed as major problem. The health of hospitalized Canadians and their visitors is being seriously put at risk by hospitals that have cut corners in cleaning budgets to save money, a Marketplace investigation has revealed. CBC News
Federal Infection Disclosure Mandates Urged. Surgical site infection rates within the nation's hospitals are largely a secret, with public reporting required by only eight states, says a new Johns Hopkins University report, which calls for federal disclosure mandates so problem hospitals are better motivated to reduce preventable harm. HealthLeaders Media
- 20 Apr 2016Communique on AMR result of high-level meeting in Japan
- 12 Apr 2016ReAct at high-level meetings on AMR in Tokyo, Japan
- 11 Apr 2016While waiting for new antibiotics – older ones must become available!
- 08 Apr 2016 New ReAct publication that describes how AMR threatens the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- 30 Mar 2016ReAct publishes a stakeholder mapping for antibiotic resistance together with the World Health Organization
- 29 Mar 2016RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS