THE STAR ONLINE: AMR CAN BE MAJOR HEALTH CONCERN
30 October 2012ReAct partner in Penang, Universiti Sains Malaysia, comments on the report “Antibiotics overuse can kill” (The Star Online, October 17) and applaud the launch of the national campaign to curb Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) by the Health Ministry.
"Realising the importance educating general public on the issues related to AMR, the academic team at the Discipline of Social and Administrative Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) in collaboration with an international network Action on Antibiotic Resistance (ReAct) since early this year has embarked on an AMR awareness programme by engaging a few local civil society organisations in Penang" says Associate Professor Dr Mohamed Azmi Ahmad Hassali and Ms Chua Gin Nie, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- 21 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 14 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 08 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 01 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 30 Apr 2013WORKSHOP ON INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE