WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM HIGHLIGHTS ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AS A MAJOR GLOBAL RISK
8 January 2013
Earlier today the World Economic Forum published their Global Risks 2013 report developed from an annual survey of over 1,000 experts from industry, government, academia and civil society who were asked to review a landscape of 50 global risks. ReAct contributed to the chapter “The dangers of hubris to human health” that describes how antibiotic resistance can overwhelm not only our health systems but also damage our social and economic systems.
Download the full report Global Risks 2013
A live streamed press conference on the Global Risks 2013 report was held this morning at the London Offices of Bloomberg.
“What if we lost the use of antibiotics?” interview with Executive Director Otto Cars for the WEF Forum Blog in September 2012.
Read the ReAct fact sheet The Burden of Antibiotic Resistance, published in May 2012.
- 20 Jan 2015No sustainability without antibiotics
- 19 Dec 2014SEASON´S GREETINGS
- 19 Dec 2014RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 16 Dec 2014UNIVERSIDAD DEL AZUAY SIGNS THE ABR DECLARATION
- 15 Dec 2014RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 11 Dec 2014AMR CAN CAUSE 10 MILLION EXTRA DEATHS A YEAR AND COST UP TO $100 TRILLION