WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM HIGHLIGHTS ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AS A MAJOR GLOBAL RISK
8 January 2013
Earlier today the World Economic Forum published their Global Risks 2013 report developed from an annual survey of over 1,000 experts from industry, government, academia and civil society who were asked to review a landscape of 50 global risks. ReAct contributed to the chapter “The dangers of hubris to human health” that describes how antibiotic resistance can overwhelm not only our health systems but also damage our social and economic systems.
Download the full report Global Risks 2013
A live streamed press conference on the Global Risks 2013 report was held this morning at the London Offices of Bloomberg.
“What if we lost the use of antibiotics?” interview with Executive Director Otto Cars for the WEF Forum Blog in September 2012.
Read the ReAct fact sheet The Burden of Antibiotic Resistance, published in May 2012.
- 20 Apr 2016Communique on AMR result of high-level meeting in Japan
- 12 Apr 2016ReAct at high-level meetings on AMR in Tokyo, Japan
- 11 Apr 2016While waiting for new antibiotics – older ones must become available!
- 08 Apr 2016 New ReAct publication that describes how AMR threatens the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- 30 Mar 2016ReAct publishes a stakeholder mapping for antibiotic resistance together with the World Health Organization
- 29 Mar 2016RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS