WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM HIGHLIGHTS ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AS A MAJOR GLOBAL RISK
8 January 2013
Earlier today the World Economic Forum published their Global Risks 2013 report developed from an annual survey of over 1,000 experts from industry, government, academia and civil society who were asked to review a landscape of 50 global risks. ReAct contributed to the chapter “The dangers of hubris to human health” that describes how antibiotic resistance can overwhelm not only our health systems but also damage our social and economic systems.
Download the full report Global Risks 2013
A live streamed press conference on the Global Risks 2013 report was held this morning at the London Offices of Bloomberg.
“What if we lost the use of antibiotics?” interview with Executive Director Otto Cars for the WEF Forum Blog in September 2012.
Read the ReAct fact sheet The Burden of Antibiotic Resistance, published in May 2012.
- 21 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 14 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 08 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 01 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 30 Apr 2013WORKSHOP ON INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE