WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM HIGHLIGHTS ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AS A MAJOR GLOBAL RISK
8 January 2013
Earlier today the World Economic Forum published their Global Risks 2013 report developed from an annual survey of over 1,000 experts from industry, government, academia and civil society who were asked to review a landscape of 50 global risks. ReAct contributed to the chapter “The dangers of hubris to human health” that describes how antibiotic resistance can overwhelm not only our health systems but also damage our social and economic systems.
Download the full report Global Risks 2013
A live streamed press conference on the Global Risks 2013 report was held this morning at the London Offices of Bloomberg.
“What if we lost the use of antibiotics?” interview with Executive Director Otto Cars for the WEF Forum Blog in September 2012.
Read the ReAct fact sheet The Burden of Antibiotic Resistance, published in May 2012.
- 15 Dec 2015REACT SHARES 10 YEARS OF GLOBAL EXPERIENCES TO ADDRESS ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AT MEETING IN EL SALVADOR
- 30 Nov 2015Highlight from World Antibiotic Awarenss Week: COLOR AND GAIETY MARKED THE ACTIVITIES IN THAILAND
- 20 Nov 2015ReAct activities during World Antibiotic Awareness Week: CYCLORIDE FOR ANTIBIOTICS IN ECUADOR
- 20 Nov 2015ReAct activities during World Antibiotic Awareness Week: Launch of "Gardening for Health Kit" in Thailand
- 19 Nov 2015ReAct activities during World Antibiotic Awareness Week: CHILDREN AUTHORS OF MICROBIAL STORIES ON THE RADIO IN ECUADOR
- 19 Nov 2015ReAct activities during World Antibiotic Awareness Week: LESSONS 4 LIFE IN KENYA