WHO URGES COUNTRIES TO TAKE MEASURES
22 August 2010WHO urges countries to take measures to combat antimicrobial resistance.
Owing to the emergence of New Delhi Metallo-beta-lactamase (NDM-1), an enzyme with the abilty to render some bacteria highly resistant to almost all antibiotics, WHO now urges countries to take measures to combat antimicrobial resistance.
In the news release, WHO also announces that antimicrobial resistance will be the theme of the 2011 World Health Day.
Read the news release from WHO
- 05 Jun 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 04 Jun 2013WAKE UP CALL ON ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AT LATEST WHA
- 29 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 16 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 15 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS