2ND INDEPTH-REACT WORKSHOP ON ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE
15 May 2010
On May 9-11, 2010 the 2nd INDEPTH-ReAct Workshop on Antibiotic Resistance was held in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh.
Hosted by the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research (ICDDR, B), the workshop was arranged as a follow-up to the October 2009 exploratory workshop in Pune ,India
The aim of the 2nd workshop was to develop a cross-site research proposal on issues related to antibiotic resistance and to discuss strategies to monitor antibiotic resistance and use within the INDEPTH network.
The need for a global surveillance system for antibiotic resistance is critical and the INDEPTH HDSS centres are uniquely positioned to generate data in areas where there currently is little or no information available.
- I am very excited about this opportunity and the workshop was very productive, said ReAct Director Andreas Heddini.
Download summary report from the workshop (pdf 78 KB)
- 05 Jun 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 04 Jun 2013WAKE UP CALL ON ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AT LATEST WHA
- 29 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 16 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 15 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS