GHANAIAN WORKING GROUP ON AMR
11 March 2011
On 14-15 February, the Ghanaian Ministry of Health together with ReAct organized a two-day workshop in Accra, Ghana to explore options for national policy development to address the emerging problem of antimicrobial resistance. The meeting brought together a broad range of participants including MoH, academia, regulatory agencies, NGOs and resulted in the formation of a national working group on antibiotic resistance.
Meeting in Accra and working group Chair, Mrs. Martha Gyansa-Lutterodt.
At the meeting there were presentations of local microbiological surveillance data from e.g. the ADMER project and the INDEPTH Network which informed discussions. The meeting participants agreed to form the nucleus of a national working group on ABR and will work to develop an Action Plan for different activities to be undertaken in the future. Efforts will be made to produce a statement or other advocacy activities around the World Health Day 2011 and the group will seek to engage partners who were not present at this meeting in the process.
Download Ghana Statement for World Health Day 2011 (pdf 118 KB)
- 21 May 2013ABR AN ISSUE AT THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY
- 15 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 14 May 2013ANTIBIOTICS, 1 OF 4 LIFE-SAVING PRODUCTS FOR CHILD SURVIVAL
- 08 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 01 May 2013RESISTANCE IN THE NEWS
- 30 Apr 2013WORKSHOP ON INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE