ReAct - Action on Antibiotic Resistance (herein referred to as “ReAct”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respect your right to privacy and we take our related legal obligations seriously. We aim to be transparent at all times about our treatment of your information.
Therefore, we developed this policy for the purpose of enabling you to make an informed decision about your relationship with us, so please read it carefully. By continuing browsing our website and/or using or interacting with our services, you are consenting to the use of your information as explained in this policy.
How we collect personal information on our website
We need your e-mail address if you want to receive the ReAct Newsletter. See the Newsletter section on this page for more info.
Your IP address and other information that can be used to identify you is automatically sent by your browser to our server when you visit a page on the website. We will save this data in our server logs for up to 25 months. See the Server Logs section on this page for more info.
How we collect and use non-personally identifiable information
From the statistics we are not able to see which individuals visit the site. We store data in the tool Google Analytics, which is owned by Google. As part of this, we collect the IP addresses of our visitors. The data that is stored by Google provide information about visitors operating systems, browsers and other technical details. We record information about your usage of www.reactgroup.org, your browsing, your interaction with our emails as well as information about the device you are using, what country you are in and your internet connection. We use this information to make the site better and do not sell it to third parties.
If you subscribe to the ReAct Newsletter we will store your email address via the MailChimp service and we can also, via Mailchimp, access statistics for each newsletter. All personal data is used for internal use only. Purpose of statistics is to measure our communication efforts and to help create content that is interesting to you as a subscriber. We use your e-mail to send you our newsletter and for statistics, nothing else. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any ReAct Newsletter you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your personal information with respect.
A server log is a text file on the server that sends all our website pages to your browser. Each time you visit a page on our website the following information is saved to our server’s log:
- Your device’s IP address
- Date and time of your visit
- Address (“URL”) of the page that you visited
- If you came to our website from a link on a different website, then we might store the address of the referring website (“referrer URL”)
- The name and version of your web browser, the name and version of your operating system and the name of your internet provider
The information is saved in server logs for 6 to 38 months.
Cookies from our site
Learn more: what is a cookie?
On the HTTP Cookie Wikipedia page you can about what cookies are and on europa.eu you can read what the EU cookie law says. On wikihow.com there are instructions on how to remove cookies from your computer.
Cookies we might save on your computer
- _ga, _gat, _gid
- Used by Google Analytics to understand which pages on the site you visit. The cookies are automatically removed after 5 months. On your first visit to the site you can choose if you want us to save this cookie.
- Used by our “automatic translation by Google” function to remember which language you have chosen to translate to. The cookie is set when you choose a language and removed when you close the translation banner at the top of the page.
- Used by the site to show or hide the function that informs you about cookies.The cookie is automatically removed after 3 months. We have to set this cookie for the site to work properly.
Your right to your personal information
We will treat your personal information with respect. You have the right to ask for details about the way you use your personal data and you have the right to request your personal data be corrected, provided to you, prohibited for certain uses, or removed completely.
If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you or would like us to delete your personal data from our records then please contact us by e-mail to: email@example.com.
We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal data about you on our files within a reasonable time. To protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before granting access to your personal data. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate purposes.