Part 1: Introduction and Setting the Scene
Meet the course team and learn more about the content that’s going to be covered in the course.
How did we end up here?
Learn about antibiotics and resistance from a historical perspective.
- The discovery of antibiotics (article)
- The burden of antibiotic resistance (article)
- Warm-up exercise (reflection)
- Has Fleming’s warning been ignored (video 03:01)
- Experiences from the field (article)
- Antibiotic resistance in the media (reflection)
- Test your understanding I (quiz)
- Reflection and analysis: the importance of surveillance (analytical assignment)
- End of part 1 (article)
Here, you can download a reference list for the first part of the course:
- Reference list, part 1
- Welcome to the course
- Meet the course team
- The discovery of antibiotics
- The burden of antibiotic resistance
- Warm-up exercise
- Has Fleming’s warning been ignored?
- Experiences from the field
- Antibiotic resistance in the media
- Test your understanding I
- Reflection and analysis: the importance of surveillance
- End of part 1