Watch professor Diarmaid Hughes talk about the discovery void and the challenges in discovering and developing new antibiotics.
Find out more
Here, you can read about the New Drugs for Bad Bugs (ND4BB) programme and the European Gram-negative Antibacterial Engine (ENABLE) project, both hosted by the Innovative Medicines Initiative.
© Uppsala University
More from "Part 3"
- Nearly empty pipeline
- Why don’t we simply develop new antibiotics?
- Alternatives to antibiotics
- New business models addressing antibiotic resistance
- How can we tackle this rather critical situation?
- Innovation of antibiotics
- Securing access while reducing excess
- Access not excess – rational use of antibiotics
- Who is responsible?
- Test your understanding III
- Reflection and analysis: the access-excess dilemma
- End of part 3