In the last part of this course we will discuss challenges, actions needed and ongoing initiatives to fight antibiotic resistance.
The issue of antibiotic resistance is complex and requires complex solutions. Multiple actions have to be taken, including increased awareness, surveillance, responsible antibiotic use, research and innovation. Importantly, these actions need to be initiated simultaneously by stakeholders in many countries.
“The challenge is complicated by the fact that antibiotic-resistant bacteria do not respect borders, so there are limits on what can be done without strong international and multistakeholder collaboration.” — Global Risks Report 2013 (p.32), World Economic Forum.
© Uppsala University
More from "Part 4"
- A global problem
- What do we need to do for the future?
- Ongoing initiatives to fight antibiotic resistance
- What can I do?
- Resistance quiz
- Panel discussion
- Where do you think we will be in 50 years?
- Test your understanding IV
- Reflection and analysis: engaging the general public
- End of course
- Thank you and farewell