ReAct is currently looking for a Policy Advisor to join the office in Uppsala, Sweden, to further strengthen our global network and policy team.
Applications are accepted until 8th of March and more than one applicant may be selected.
As Policy Advisor you will work on activities aligned with current ReAct’s priorities, and coordinate these with the rest of the network.
- Follow the international policy debate on antibiotics resistance and help formulate strategies for ReAct’s engagement together with ReAct’s Strategic Policy team and our regional nodes.
- Conduct analysis of relevant policy documents and produce position papers for ReAct based on our mission and vision, experiences from our nodes (and ensure the quality from a medical perspective)
- Work with the scientific team to translate the latest scientific evidence to policy recommendations.
- Represent ReAct at external meetings, engage in advocacy activities towards governments, international technical agencies, nongovernmental organizations and professional societies as well as with media.
- Support the development of policy and advocacy work in the regional nodes.
- Support annual work planning, development of long-term strategic plans and fundraising for ReAct Europe and the whole ReAct network.
- As ReAct is a flat organization and has a small core team, the work may occasionally also include some administrative tasks, e.g. booking travel and helping with meeting arrangements.
We are passionate and dedicated to the issue and we are looking for people that share our values, hence a big emphasis will be on personal suitability.
- Experience working in field antibiotic resistance and having a clear understanding of the current policy debate and the actors involved in the field of antibiotic resistance.
- A strong technical understanding of antibiotic resistance and its drivers.
- Professional degree (minimum Master’s level) in medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, global health, political science or other relevant areas.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- High-level proficiency in English (both oral and written).
- Excellent cultural understanding and experience working in and/or with actors based in low- and middle-income countries.
- Ability to work in a decentralized team.
- Flexibility and ability to function well under pressure and independently.
- Demonstrated experience in communication, both oral and written, such as; presenting to public audiences, publications in peer-reviewed journals, policy reports or debate articles.
- Ability to travel.
- Professional experience working in the international public sector (e.g. WHO, other UN organizations or with international civil society organization etc.).
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Spanish and Swedish, is a clear advantage.
- Experience liaising with members of governments, NGOs, and/or multilateral organizations such as WHO.
Start date: As soon as possible
Form of employment: This is a permanent full-time position, with a 6-month probationary period.
For further information about the position please contact: Anna Zorzet, Head of ReAct Europe, +46 18 471 66 76, email@example.com
Please submit your application by 8 March 2018, UFV-PA 2018/542
Uppsala University values the qualities that even gender distribution and diversity add to the business. We therefore look forward to searching for all sexes and with different birth background, functionality and life experience.